This proposal is to establish the first product-only budget, covering the development and contribution to Prime Rating in Q1 2022.
Contributions for January were mostly covered in Kolektivo Labs Builder Cycle #7 Proposal, however, some expenses have not been covered and are therefore added to this proposal for retrospective rewards.
A full breakdown of the contributions and costs can be found here.
In summary, we have budgeted ~4.5 FTEs for the eight weeks of this cycle. This proposal also includes 30k in rewards and prizes of Rating Season 2, plus 20k for a potential Rate-athon in late March (tbc).
Further, it also covers expenses for marketing activities and community bounties, which is rather difficult to estimate, as there are no precedence expenses. Hence, most expenses that are not salary for the core team are rough estimations.
There are six separate primary objectives that the Prime Rating team aims to address for this
- To provide ongoing product leadership/ stewardship and steer the development of Prime Rating in conjunction with the goals and strategy of PrimeDAO
- To hold the second Prime Rating Season, expanding coverage of DeFi protocols and to update older reports
- To support BD & Marketing efforts for Prime Rating
- To continue the development of the Rating frontend, backend and API
- To expand the focus of Prime Ratings services (e.g. Launch curation or research on demand)
- To lead the design of Prime Rating governance and org structure
- To expand the expertise of the current team by finding high impact talents
This budget is split into two parts and covers (1) the expenses for fixed stipends (72k), incl. a buffer for potential new hires.
And (2) the expected expenses (86.5k) for Rating Season 2, Rate-athon #3 and other activities for the benefit of the DAO run by the community.
The currency allocation is as follows:
- 108’500$ in USDC
- 50’000$ in D2D = 135’135 D2D (@ 0.37$ 10-day MA price)