Kolektivo Labs Q1 22 Budget

Short Pitch
Kolektivo Labs has actively supported PrimeDAO’s transition towards workstream and squad-based resource planning, as a result - nearly 75% of Kolektivo Labs’ contributors are primarily scoped in a newly created Prime Squad. Whilst most of the planning and coordination will now take place in squads, some of Kolektivo Labs’ contributors are yet to be onboarded into a specific squad. There are also several Prime resources that are currently being developed and maintained by Kolektivo Labs that can not yet be effectively handed over to a specific squad. The Kolektivo Labs squad will maintain and develop Prime’s design resources, website, and Rating app. Kolektivo Labs will also continue to source and retain talent towards PrimeDAO and support the definition and design of the Prime dApps.

Total Rewards Requested
USDC: 19,000 + 17,500 = 36,500
REP: Kolektivo Labs is an innovation network consisting of many different members. We would like these members to receive as individuals REP “promotions” equal to the value they add, per the rewards matrix. At this time, Kolektivo Labs does not seek to be represented as an organization in the DAO.

Q1 2022 Objectives
There are 6 separate primary objectives that Kolektivo Labs aims to address for this cycle:

• To manage the Prime.xyz website and update and maintain the Prime Brand assets
  • To manage the Prime service accounts, workspaces, emails
  • To build out and improve the Prime design system
  • To provide research and design support for Prime Pools, Prime Launch, and Prime Deals
  • To maintain the Prime Rating database and Webapp
  • To actively engage, curate, and retain talent towards PrimeDAO

Read the full proposal here.

1 Like

I posted my questions about this proposal on Discord, but I figured it might formally make more sense to put comments in the forum directly. So, wanted to share it here:

Should we understand from the proposal that we expect Jaap, Guil and, Ruben to commit the specified amount of FTEs to Prime? If so, what will be the tasks and what workstream/squad/product they will be contributing? I can’t see any detail about these and I would like to know how we will collaborate with them. This would be very helpful for organizing and transparency :raised_hands:

Also trying to understand the reasoning behind compensation discrepancy between two designers we have in the team, Guil and Hazal. She has done a lot of design work for our operational and Notion set up but her compensation is nowhere near what is asked for Guil, and it is also uncertain what design work will be needed with that budget for the first two quarters.

1 Like

Hey Ata, thanks for leaving a comment here! Much better than in the Discord.

1. The FTE’s are indications of workload - there are no fixed hours - if you would like pure hour-based contributions, the rewards would go in the $150+ per hour, which is the per hour rate for Senior Designers.

2. The Tasks for the group are specified in the proposal. As far as we know, these are contributions that Prime needs and are currently not covered by another group. Please let us know if there is any overlap between this proposal and other squad deliverables.

3. I can’t speak of what other designers are being compensated because that is outside our mandate. I can speak for the fact that making and maintaining the Prime brand, maintaining the Prime website, building the design system, and building the UI for Prime apps are crucial tasks that need Senior-level design contributions.