Prime Rating - Northstars & Milestones

Hey Ata, thanks for your inputs. This is great feedback.

1. We definitely want to add quantitative & real-time scores to flow into the overall rating! This has been on our to-do list for months and it’s also in the forum post above! The reason it hasn’t been done yet is simple: Lack of personal with the right expertise taking ownership and executing it. Further, there are tons of product improvements we can think of besides quant score (financial, credit risk, addition of stables, metaverse, L2s, etc.). It essentially comes down to prioritizing features, which should be informed by demand. As of now, demand seems to be higher for adding financial scores and credit risk worthiness, and for on-demand rating (e.g. by Launch). With the very limited FTEs we have, we need to prioritize product development, while still allowing for experiments.

2. I think the point of keeping the scores relevant is part of the overall product improvement plan. The process is rather simple, we can change curation of projects-to-be-rated, so that updating older reports gets higher priority (we currently do this with reports that had the DFS Rating, but not the fundamental). However, at this point we don’t know, which range of ratings we need to put emphasis on. Whether its enough to cover bluechips / top 100/ top 200 or the full longtail. That’s part of exploring demand, which will influence the updating process.

3. No, but I agree we should. I hope that @maerg.eth or @LuukDAO can help out in this regard. Any support is welcome, so feel free to help out creating proposals for grants wherever you deem it a good fit or see a good chance for Rating to get accepted for a grant. We def. thankful for community support on this.

4. These are great questions but I don’t have an answer right now. Feel free to chime in with your ideas or even take ownership of a specific topic. I suppose for now we will focus on developing a Twitter presence and strategy. But keen to hear other inputs for how we can better communicate and share knowledge

5. I think for now we have a good amount of raters (see Season 2 participation). We couldn’t handle much more with the current setup. We need to allow the community to grow and raters to level up, before we can enter a next growth stage on the rater side. However, we should def. establish partnerships BD-wise and for the benefit of the community (e.g. Nansen for raters, research on demand for DebtDAO or Porter Finance, sharing of expertise/research with Bankless or other service DAOs, etc.). In this area, the network of other Primers is highly valued and we’re thankful for every lead or ideally specific offer for partnerships.

3 Likes